Dove is an organization that engages religious institutions, volunteers, and advocates seeking to coordinate efforts to address unmet needs and social injustices. These needs are met through coordinated programs focusing on domestic violence, homelessness, education, volunteer and community empowerment, and individual emergency need fulfillment. Dove works for justice, equality, and understanding among all people.
● To develop, promote, and operate well-managed programs and services which effectively address societal problems and individual needs.
● To advocate for just and equitable treatment of persons and groups, individually and systemically.
● To recruit and involve volunteers in the work of Dove and other associated organizations.
● Offer opportunities for amplifying the principles of love and servanthood, in collaboration with and as a witness to religious organizations and groups.
● To recruit volunteers and serve clients without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, ancestry, marital status, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, sexual orientation or disability.
In furtherance of its Mission and Objectives, Dove ascribes to certain shared values. The following statement describes these shared values:
● Dove cares about people, especially those who are powerless and hurting. When suffering is so great that caring is all we can do, we stand ready to share the burden and to suffer.
● We honor the dignity and worth of each individual. We encourage clients’ freedom to make responsible decisions, to determine their future based on informed options, thereby empowering themselves, becoming self-reliant and autonomous.
● We strive to follow the highest standards of ethics and morality in all our dealings–with each other, with clients, with volunteers, with other agencies, with religious organizations, and the community. An abiding sense of integrity and justice must underlie all we do.