Please register for the "Domestic Violence Symposium: Journey to Justice" by noon on August 28, 2019. You may also call to register at 217.428.6616 during business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or send us your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Should Attend?
- Law Enforcement Personnel
- Public Defenders
- Probation/Parole Officers
Domestic Violence Symposium:
Journey to Justice
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Decatur Conference Center & Hotel
4191 US 36 West - Wyckles Road, Decatur
Co-Sponsored by Decatur Bar Association
Special thanks to Ed Bachrach, a passionate supporter of our program's purpose in bringing prevention and awareness to domestic violence.
Kit Gruelle and Mark Wynn
Objectives for the day:
- Increase collaboration between all parties within the criminal justice system
- Promote evidence-based, victim-centered and trauma-informed services to all domestic violence survivors
- Improve prosecution of those who perpetuate domestic violence
- Gain better understanding of barriers that keep victims from leaving
- To better ensure accountability to the perpetrators of domestic violence